Grill or barbeque, fire pit or even fireplace...
Cooking with Fire is Fun!
So is sitting around an outdoor fire pit to stay warm with ones we love!
There are two hard and fast facts that contribute to this conclusion:
1) Food cooked on fire or embers develop caramelization (that beautiful, dark, golden brown crust that you get on a nice piece of meat as it grills) which greatly enhances its flavors。
2) People love fire! Yes, admit it, there is a little bit of a pyro in each and every one of us. We love to start a fire, see it burn, and put things in it to see how it reacts. There’s nothing weird about that, you don’t have to be ashamed, fire is a beautiful and mysterious thing! And who can forget that it feels so good to sit around a warm fire on a cool evening?
Humans have been cooking with fire ever since Brog the Caveman first rubbed together a couple sticks, made a nice firepit and grilled his daily catch of saber-toothed tiger over it. Mmmm…
In all seriousness, cooking with fire, whether on a grill, in your kitchen, roasting over a fire pit, or even in your fireplace, is fun and results in unique dishes that are delicious and impressive to serve.
|"The best grilling book on the planet!"|
All you need to know to grill amazing, succulent grilled foods that your friends, family and neighbors will be knocking down your door for!
Learn More or buy it now!
Whether you are a novice trying to fire up a Weber barbecue for the first time to cook up some weenies before the big game or a seasoned gourmet looking for some new tricks (like a whole pig roast or string-turned Provencal leg of lamb in your fireplace!), this site will help you to hone your skills in using an outdoor fire pit, your fireplace, a grill or even your stovetop indoor grill to make some tasty grilled food.
And for those “do it yourself” folks…I’ll even give you a few tips on how to build your own firepit or to cook over the ol’ campfire!
So get your tongs and spatulas ready! Pull up a seat close to the heat…the firepit and grilling guru is here to help!
Quickly bookmark this site to visit in the future:
Would you like to be featured on the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru?
Share your great ideas, instructions, recipes and photos with my visitors!
Search This Site:
- Whats New with the Firepit and Grilling Guru?
- Check here for the newest additions to the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru's web site.
- Learn How to Grill and Improve Your Grilling Techniques!
- Have you wished you could learn how to grill or improve your grilling techniques? Intimidated by cooking and using a barbecue? Well don't fear, I will teach you!
- All About Barbecue Pit or Fire Pit Cooking
- A barbecue pit is not just for warmth, you can cook delicious food over a wood fire! Learn all about fire pit cooking here.
- Types of Outdoor Fire Pit Designs
- There are many types of outdoor fire pit which can be bought or built to suit your backyard or patio. From chimineas to fire pit grills you can cook on, learn about them all here.
- Build a Fire Pit: A How-To Guide
- Learn how to build a fire pit! Building a fire pit, either permanent or temporary, is easy. Here you can find fire pit plans for fire pit construction.
- All about grill cooking & barbecue cooking
- Ready to start grill cooking on your outdoor grill? Learn all about barbecue cooking here.
- All about outdoor grill and barbecue types
- Looking for an outdoor grill or barbecue? There are many types of grills. Find out about them here, from gas to charcoal, portable to permanent.
- Ceramic Grill
- A ceramic grill is a unique type of grill which can be quite versatile. They tend to be expensive but should be a serious consideration for any serious griller or smoker.
- All About Grill Accessories
- Are you looking for some helpful grill accessories to make grilling easier and to take your barbecue cooking to the next level? Here's the place to find out about grill accessories and where to get th
- The Indoor Grill
- Looking for an indoor grill or sandwich maker? Learn all about indoor grilling, panini grills, and hibachi grills.
- The Whole Pig Roast: All About It
- A whole pig roast is an outdoors summer celebration which can't be beat! Learn all about how to roast a whole hog here. Also included is info and a recipe for whole roast lamb!
- All About Campfire Cooking
- A campfire isn't just good for heat, it can also be used to make some great campfire cooking recipes. There are many ways to cook on your campfire, from tripod and dutch oven to a campfire grill.
- Fireplace cooking
- Fireplace cooking is primitive, fun, delicious and sexy! Learn more about how to cook a delicious meal in your fireplace right here.
- Curing Meat & Fermenting Foods
- Curing meat and fermenting foods are not only great, natural and healthy ways to preserve foods, but also add great flavor and complexity to your raw ingredients.
- Barbeque Grill Recipe Ideas
- What good is your grill or firepit without great recipes to cook on them? Here are some great barbeque grill recipe ideas.
- Venison Recipes
- So you’ve scored yourself some venison. Now what? If you want to learn more about how to cook venison, check out this section of my site with venison recipes and other general venison information.
- The Primal & Paleo Diet
- What is the Primal & Paleo Diet? Well, the paleolithic diet may be all the rage but I do think it makes much more sense than most new-fangled diets and nutritional concepts. Learn more about it here.
- All About Charcoal
- Cooking on a charcoal grill is one of the tastiest and most fun types of outdoor cooking. Learn more about types of charcoal as well as all about the best type of coal starters.
- All about firewood
- Do you want to know more about different types of firewood, how to get it and store it, and even all about the best fire wood types for cooking?
- Food and Wine Pairing for Barbecue and Grilled Foods
- Food and wine pairing is an art of sorts. Here is some information about pairing wine and even beer with your favorite grill and barbecue recipes.
- Fire pit and grill links
- Here are fire pit and grill links that may be of interest to my visitors. Other sites related to fire pit, grill, barbecue, fireplace, grill recipes, etc.
- Fire Pit and Grilling Tips Newsletter
- If you want to subscribe to the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru's guide to fire pit and grilling tips, this is the place for you!
- Search the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru Guide
- Search all the pages of the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru Guide
- Fire Safety
- Proper fire safety is important any time you build a fire. Here are some fire safety tips to help prevent injury.
- All About Josh Dusick, the Firepit and Grilling Guru
- I’m Josh Dusick, also known here as the Firepit and Grilling Guru. Here is a bit of info about me and how I got into creating this food and grilling website.
- Share This Site: Fire Pit and Grilling Guru
- If you have a web site or blog, please share this site so that others can discover the fun of fire pits, grilling and cooking with fire! Here are easy ways to share this site with others...
- Fireplace Supplies, Grill Supplies, Fire Pit Supplies, and More!
- Here is a list of some excellent online resources for grill supplies, fire pit supplies, fireplace supplies and more. I'll help you find where to buy the equipment and supplies you need.
- Contact the Firepit and Grilling Guru
- I love to hear from my guests! Send me your comments, questions or suggestions here on my contact me page..